My personal requirements

 The banquet last night was AMAZING.

Everything was well organized, everyone worked hard to make sure things went so smoothly, the speeches were inspiring, the performances were powerful.  I was so happy to be part of a group that works so well together to get it done. I am so excited for the next year with all of you!

I was absolutely knackered today, though.  


But, anyway, here are my personal requirements for the year of the Rabbit:

1. Complete 20 personal projects that I have either started and never finished (like completing the tile grout in my bathroom that I renovated 3 years ago...), or have planned out in my head and just need to make a reality (like the pergola with handrails on the steps in front of my house so that my aged father can get up them more easily).


2. 3650 minutes of meditation.  It's said that practicing mindfulness and the ability to quiet your thoughts has untold benefits to the rest of your life.  


3. Do 12 Craft projects.  I used to make lots of things.  I have a LOT of craft supplies, some of which I have never even used.  Hopefully this requirement will be one that will get me creating regularly, again.


4. Read 12 books.  I used to read, too.  Something I want to do again.  Currently I'm reading How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu.


5. In my company, in order to get a raise we have a "performance plan" system that needs to be completed.  I have never quite finished all of the requirements.  But this year will be different, and I have made up a spreadsheet for tracking, set dates for checking on my progress, etc.  This year there are no excuses.


6. My hand form this year is: Lao Gar 1 through 3


7. For my weapons form, I will create a simple form for the Bat'leth (fictional weapon from Star Trek, which I also have to make and will count as one of my projects)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized