Glimmers


 


Lately I've been trying to be more conscious of glimmers.  If you don't know the term, glimmers are the opposite of triggers.  Whereas triggers are danger cues that make us feel threatened, leading us to fight, run away, freeze or fawn, glimmers are internal or external cues that help us to feel joy, safety or connection.

Since reading about them, I've been noticing those little moments where I see something and feel a spark of joy.  I try to take a picture of it, but at the very least a take a second to appreciate it.  I guess you could call it part of gratitude practice.

"Aha" moments in Kung Fu are turning into pretty big glimmers for me.  When one of the instructors explains something and it suddenly clicks, or points out something I'm doing that just needs a little tweak.  Or I'm listening to Sifu Brinker tell me stories about the history of our school.  Those moments are really special to me.

And then sometimes it's just seeing a flower growing or seeing how much my raised beds are flourishing, or watching Frankie dance like a crazed little monkey.

These memories make the hard times just a little bit better.


Song of the day: Songbird by the Moulettes
https://open.spotify.com/track/3nE6rWg4s2PxF1IwXpA8qH?si=c0ff5e753fb44d56

Comments

  1. How wonderful! This is something we should all practice. I will be more mindful of the Glimmers in my life, and add this to my daily routine, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized