I AM breathing

 I lost my job yesterday.  

"Dismissal without cause"

Things had been boiling up between me and my employer for a while now and I was planning on leaving after I had finished my current job.  So I was a little surprised, but not really, when my boss showed up yesterday with a letter.  

The sentiment can't be all negative on their part because they gave me 2 extra weeks of severance.  

I've had lots of emotions since yesterday.  I've never been fired before.  But suddenly I don't need to worry about the stuff that was taking up most of my waking world.  And all of the things that I wished I had time to do, spend time with my family, work on home projects, meditate, Lao Gar.  Suddenly I have more than enough time for them all, if only for a bit.

But first of all, what I need to do right now is just stop and breathe.



Song of the Day: Take on Me (MTV unplugged) by Aha

https://youtu.be/-xKM3mGt2pE?si=avKQeok3P0oeeC1n



Comments

  1. Get to focus your energy on better things. I saw a quote I really liked the other day that read “The universe never tells you no. It says yes, not yet, or something better is on the way”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized