Forward motion

 We put Mr Stubbs down yesterday.  He went downhill pretty quickly and so we found a vet that we could take him to on short notice.  It's been a really rough few days, but at least he's not sick and miserable anymore.  Now the healing can begin.



In other news: this might sound kinda "DUH" but I've figured out something.  Previously I would miss a few days of SUPUs (sit ups/push ups), and then go hard for a few days.  But it was very sporadic, and I could feel the inefficiency in this method.  So, I put a yoga mat on the floor next to my bed and very first thing in the morning I go down and do 25 SUPUs.  Every day.  I know there are a few of you that wake up early and get an hour of working out in, but I already get up at 5am, out the door at 6am, so I just don't think I can get up any earlier.  But just getting that first 10 day streak in has made a big difference for me.  No matter what, I always get at least 25 in.  And I've noticed that I'm more alert before I've even made my first coffee.

Also, one of my personal requirements for the year of the Dragon was to volunteer.  I had a phone interview with a lovely woman at the Parkland food bank on Saturday, and should be getting arrangements for training shifts in the next few weeks.  As I told her during the interview, I've always known volunteering was the right thing to do, and now I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

So, although this year has started out sad, there is momentum from all the things I did last year, and motivation to get farther this year.


Song of the day: He^rt by Starcadian
https://open.spotify.com/track/0wKO2qrYbK7EXhceYyGhjw?si=35607137fc1e4097

Bonus:
Mr Stubbs in happier days.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NNbYo8RfkCxx1VBg8

Comments

  1. Let us know if there is anything we can do as a team to help you out during this time. Sorry, for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you gave Mr. Stubbs an awesome life, and a compassionate end which is always a hard choice to make, we’re here for you to help you through this difficult time (and way to go on the SUPU!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized