I AM....tired

 My night shift site will be wrapping up in the next couple of weeks and I am soooooo ready for it.  Although I've gotten into the rhythm of it kinda, and things are progressing well, it has been disruptive to my family's routines, and I've just learned to survive with lack of sleep (not healthy, I know).

One thing I will say, being fairly fit and eating well has made a HUGE difference this time around.  I can function at a pretty good level most of the time.  But if I am a bit incoherent or rambling, you'll know why.  Maybe no one can tell?  


In other news, my experiment for staying off of Facebook for the week was a RESOUNDING success.  It was hard at first, but got easier as the week wore on. The FOMO died down and I found my mind clearer, and of course had more time for other things, like reading, cooking, push ups/sit ups, etc.

When I did take a peek at the web version on Saturday, I found it so full of ads and clutter that it was really off-putting.  Kind of like how I gave up cable television in 2003, and get really annoyed at all the ads during tv shows (or even the news!) that you don't get in streaming.


Also, the diet is going really well.  I am probably the most uncreative person in the kitchen you will ever meet.  My husband jokes that if I had my choice I would only eat ingredients, but it's accurate, because I'm more likely to stand in front of the fridge and do that than combine things into a dish.  However, I can make pretty good dishes if I follow recipes.  So, I hired an expert to teach me how to eat properly (Shout out to Hilary at Risen.  She's great, Nigel!)

I never would have thought of eating some of the stuff she has me eating, and I love it! 

I can't remember what else I was going to say about the last week, so I'm just going to sign off there. 


Comments

  1. Hil will have lots of recipes for you to choose from

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy eating is one of the best things that I have found to increase my energy levels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized