Chaos, and 1000 miles

 My life has been chaos lately.  My Dad has been in the hospital since July 31st. He's 81 (soon to turn 82!) and his health has been on a steady downward decline for a while, but this last little while has been a big hit to him and to his immediate family.  We know that he has multiple health problems, and this has been an opportunity to find out exactly what most of them are.  But at this point we just want to make him comfortable and take him home.  It's an uphill battle.

So, I have been taking my Mum to the hospital almost every day on my way to work, and picking her up on my way home (most days).  And dealing with work stuff, and normal home stuff.  It hasn't left a lot of time for Kung Fu.

But Kung Fu is never far from my mind.

I'll admit, my numbers and class attendance have suffered, but I've been trying to keep up with things where I can.  And I have a plan that will start up in September for doing some catch up.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to maintain some consistency.

One thing I am proud? of, is that I just hit 1609km walked for the year.

I'll admit, this is the one requirement I knew I had in the bag.  I walk a LOT, especially at my job, so I knew that it wasn't going to be an issue.  But I'm also proud of how active I am on a daily basis, even on weekends, and so I'm calling it a win in general.

I also participated in a Mud Girl run today.  I had never done a 5k run of any kind before and so I was nervous.  But in the end I found it pretty easy.  My partner wasn't much of a runner, so we ended up walking most of the course, but we did participate in every single obstacle, which was challenging and uplifting.

At one point I had just finished pulling 50lbs on a sled about 20 feet.  I could hear the next group of girls being apprehensive about going for the 50lb sled as opposed to the 25lb one.  

"It's not that bad at all! You can do it!" I remarked.

"Maybe not for you!  You've got muscles.  Have you seen you!?" They said

I mumbled something about getting muscles by pulling heavy things, but now I wish I had said something like "You're stronger than you think!"

We can do hard things.

This last little while has shown me that I can do hard things and still do my everyday other things, at least at a bare minimum.


That doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to the days when things aren't so hard.

Song of the day: Nothing Wrong by Emma Shapplin

https://open.spotify.com/track/3ex70jlBtoitZsMeuhUn3K?si=fedf2aa9f49f428e

https://youtu.be/di-VTrW7Kr0?si=5yXzt4OTw4Y9h15j


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized