Eustress

I took over a different project a few weeks ago.  This one is fast paced, lots of sub-trades to coordinate, lots of small details to keep an eye on, lots to do.  It also came with my first ever office trailer!  Complete with white boards for keeping track of things (like push ups and sit ups), and wall space for sticky notes.  

I love this situation, because it allows me to dig in and go into the state of EUSTRESS. 

"What's that word, Kat?" You say

Well, I'll tell you.

Eustress is a term to describe a positive form of stress.  I know that sounds contradictory, but it's true.  It's a state of moderate psychological stress that causes benefits.  You can think of roller coasters, or scary movies, or a really good workout.  Or think of when we were getting the hall ready for the banquet this year: there was lots of activity, things were getting done, but everyone was feeling good about it.

Ooh, I just found a neat little diagram that illustrates this quite well:



Keeping things in eustress requires forward-planning, organization, patience, and cooperation.  Without any one of those things can quickly devolve in Distress, which we all know, is where things go bad really quick.

So, I'm trying to maintain Eustress in my work, in my home, and especially in my Kung Fu.  Getting everything organized first so that I can figure out how to get all my goals in and done.  I've had a very productive last 2 weeks and it's starting to show in my numbers (and in my dwindling laundry pile).

The train is on track, keep chugging away!




















Song of the day: Battlecry by Digitalism
https://open.spotify.com/track/3j5DId4Zrm4EHF51V4vsEl?si=8f17a5a869e44022



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized