25 Great Memories of Rabbit Year

 I didn't want to miss blogging this, so it's a little late, but here is my list:

1.   1. Last year’s banquet and the feeling of comradery then

2.  2. This year’s banquet and the deepened feeling of comradery now

3.  3. The amusement Shawn and I feel watching the black belts sort themselves out at the beginning of IHC classes. Because not everyone gets to see them try to sort themselves properly, so I think we’re pretty privileged.

4.  4. Everyone getting together to build the cardboard lions for the Li’l Leopards class.  That was a great day.

5.  5. Nigel running my little Frankie around inside a cardboard box.  And then standing there while Sihing Burke addressed the group with important instructions, with a giggling box.

6.  6.  The TORRENTIAL downpour after the Canada Day demo, and the chaos afterwards, because I had left my purse with my phone and car keys in the van that took the dragon back to the Kwoon, and had to retrieve them before going back to the grounds to pick up my Mum and  Daughter.

7.  7. Manning the donation box at Red Apple with Todai Ritter, and having such fun

8.  8. Pouring the curbs during Back to School Week.  I had an emotional week, and all the help we got was so incredible.  The pour was such a fantastic effort, but so exhausting. 

9.  9. Sidai Csillag asking me to be the Lion’s butt on the way to the Stony Plain Farmer’s Day’s Parade.  My back was so sore, but it was such a great experience.

1.  10.  Sifu Brinker asking me to be the Lion’s butt for the demo at the Stony Plain cultural experience thing.  And almost falling into the water (Thank you for saving my butt, Aviva!)

1111.  Smoothies, and how we used to share recipes.  Those were good, we should do that again.

1212. The Tiger Challenge, and how I had so much fun, but I sprained my wrist and it still hurts.  And how I need to start choreographing my dance form that I already have the music picked for and it’s going to kick ass.

1313. How when my cat died, the best support I received was from my teammates, and they gave me advice that really helped me through it.

1414. Breaking my first wooden board (Thank you, Today Ferris!) and feeling so much more accomplished with my strikes in general this year.

1515. My 1 on 1’s with Sifu Brinker, and gaining a better understanding my the context of our school and lineage in the greater picture of the Kung Fu world

1616. Watching the demos, and being so impressed by the skill and prowess of my teammates.

1717. Planting trees with the group, and feeling that our efforts would help the environment

1818. The Bootcamp, and learning Tai Chi, Butterfly Swords, about Chi flow, and many more valuable things

1919. Doing Tai Chi, if only for a little while, and getting the bug for it, that will have to wait…for now.

2020. Dragon dancing, and seeing how much better we became, and seeing the input from everyone to make us better

2121.  Watching the Lions, and seeing the stories they told, and seeing the personalities emerge with each person that went in to them.

2222.  Actually going for the cardboard tobogganing this year, and HOW MUCH FUN IT WAS!!!

2323.  Making my Bat’leth, and all the hours of research and practice that went into my form, and how proud of it I am.

2424. All the A-ha! Moments in being taught Lao Gar, of which there were many from many different teachers.

2525. How now every time one of us starts doing push ups, suddenly there’s a line of people doing them, and that’s a great motivator!

 

This was the best birthday challenge I have seen, which challenged us all to think about all the things we have experienced this whole year.  Thank you, Sihing Burke!



Song of the Day: Memories by David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi

https://open.spotify.com/track/7KPr0YxECy4Q1k2F17Sa0Q?si=8d3548cfb9dd44f9

Comments

  1. Glad to see your list here! Thank you for sharing those awesome memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized