Sad


 

I've been having a sad the last little while.  Like, everyone has ups and downs and sometimes the changes in latitude are small and sometimes they are big.  This downward spiral was a big one for me and to be honest I didn't handle it very well. 

There wasn't even any one thing that made it so bad, but everything adds up eventually.  I realized that a big part was not making it to Kung Fu for a loooong time, and I tried to train on my own, but the effort was sporadic.

I remember seeing an interview with Ann Hathaway once where they asked her how she got so slim and fit to play Catwoman (#askhermore!).  She responded that there was no magic bullet, she just did the normal things that no-one wanted to do: eat well and exercise more.

So, I started doing the boring things that I had been avoiding: eating better, drinking less alcohol, exercising when I could, talking to my friends, going to a therapist.  It's been slowly getting better.

And then I went to Kung Fu class yesterday for the first time in ages, and I actually felt somewhat normal.  

Remember this, Kat.


Song of the Day: Feel Something by Beacon

https://open.spotify.com/track/6mYYt61SR0F3wL30h6CMMr?si=1db10ecc5d864098

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized