Dragon Year Beta Forms

 I had to laugh when Sifu Rybak described all of us going "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as the Beta Form presentation class came up.  That's exactly how I felt.  I had worked very hard to memorize my form. I watched the videos over and over.  I wrote down the movements, broke them into sections, agonized over limb placement and turning directions.  Right up until I had to get ready to come to class, I was practicing, sweating, stabbing my poor fridge over and over.

And when I got up on stage to present, I got 7 moves in and then my mind went completely blank.  You know how I know it was 7 moves?  Because move #8 is that pain-in-the ass that I had been stuck on last week.  


But that's ok.  I have the full form, and can even go through the whole thing without prompts, sometimes.  So, now, I just need to do it 999 more times.

On a side note, I did not realize that in our school we have to voice the actions in Hsieh Chien  EVERY TIME.  But I've made my boat, so I will sail proudly onwards. 




Song of the Day: Come Sail Away by Styx
https://open.spotify.com/track/0PsbWiVtix5FoTZ1s00mEl?si=131c631c93614c88

And here, have a lucky duck :-D


(I still have tons if anyone wants/needs one)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized