Instructor Notes

 I really like the thing the instructors are doing right now where they give each of us personal notes on things we need to work on.  I feel like each person benefits from the personal notes, and to hear the notes that everyone else gets.  You never know what nuggets of wisdom are going to resonate with you.

So here are some notes I've received lately and need to remember:

-Intensity is key.  Intensity does not equal speed, but speed can enhance it.  Work on my intensity for the movements and then let the words sit on top.

-Intent and Intensity.  Intent does not always have to be "smash badguys".  It can be chopping wood, swirling leaves in the wind, moving branches out of the way.  The main thing is the your visualization must be well established in order to transfer the intensity to the viewer.

-After kicking in a form, consolidate your body before transitioning to the next move.

-Panther hands are a strike, not pawing at someone

-Make sure I'm not bouncing up in the moves.  Keep my centre low.  This will help keep balance and keep the power in the moves.

There you go, Shira!  I did it!  Now go read a page!!!!




Song of the Day: A Taste of Silver by Until the Ribbon Breaks

https://open.spotify.com/track/3UACm2rocj4lPqo5Sn3fhO?si=edbba1a3db8849fb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warp Factor Metaphor

Bumpy road

I AM Organized